Monday, 1 July 2013

Human Hair Extensions



Not exactly the  human hair  being talked about in this post but you get my drift:)

Are all the human hair extensions sold out there really human? I don’t think so. I reckon a certain percentage is but most is not. I highly doubt if there are Indian, Peruvian, Cambodian, Brazilian, Malaysian and I recently came across Filipino hair women sitting round the clock 24 hrs a day getting their hair cut to be turned into weaves and wigs. From my observations the demand for human hair extensions is very high and I highly doubt if this can be met with real 100% human hair from human heads. Compared to other hairs real human hair costs a pretty penny so one can argue that it is expensive due to high demand low supply I don’t know…

Edited to add: the only way to confirm if the human hair you bought is 100% human is by a scientific lab test in my opinion, I highly doubt if all the hair being sold out there is actually human.

So what do you ladies think is ALL human hair 100% human or are the manufactures and advertising people fooling us?

10 comments:

  1. Hmmmnm...... that is a very good question. Never thought about it but your point makes a lot is since... They have got to have a lot of women coming in everyday to sale their hair to keep up with the demand. Could quite possibly be a mix of human and synthetic....if so that is very deceptive... you might as well just go with synthetic and save some cash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly suspect that it is just high end synthetic that is sold at the BSS and online like Annette said below the real human hair is very expensive and mostly usually celebrities can afford to buy it. I totally agree on using good quality synthetic and saving some cash.

      Delete
  2. I agree Lydz. I doubt that most of the hair is 100% human. To be honest, I wouldn't even know if it was or wasn't! Some weave aficionados would know the difference, but I definitely wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can never tell the difference although I know that what is being sold as human hair is usually much more softer than synthetic hair. Beyond that I am clueless as well

      Delete
  3. thats what i say to people all the time. These so called human hair brand them as brasillian peruvian mongolian etc but funny enuff all this hair is coming from china! The chinese women are not known to cut their hair! these are just marketing gimmicks to get people buying. Its true a few of the hairs are real human hair but thats what given to the celebs cuz the everyday person cannot simply afford real human hair. What is being sold on the market is simply fiber that has been trained to withstand heat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really thought about it until now that you have mentioned it. I doubt any of them are REAL 100% human hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Words like Brazilian, Peruvian, Mongolian etc etc are lies. The majority (i.e. 90 %) of human hair exports are Indian. The other 10% is Chinese. And with 1.3 BILLION people that can go to temple and shave off their LONG hair as a sacrifice, I do believe that a lot of the hair out there is indeed truly human, but they are not coming from all of these random countries, their origin is primarily India and Indian temples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a point there but there are also some high end synthetic hair being advertised as human hair. My friend bought one of those thinking it was the real thing tried to flat iron curl it only for the hair to melt on the flat iron!

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.