Wednesday 10 September 2014

Tried and True: Good Old Faithful


I started my wash day by spraying water mixed with a little white vinegar on my hair to get it damp
Deep conditioned with ORS Hair Mayonnaise a fav and definitely an old faithful for about 30 minutes
Rinsed out the deep conditioner and shampooed twice using TRESemme Naturals Shampoo
Rinsed that out and detangled with Enliven Coconut and Vanilla conditioner and t-shirt dried till damp and then blow dried to stretch my new growth. I am way overdue for a touch up these roots ain't smiling!
Applied my leave in conditioner, oiled my scalp with my oil blend, moisturized using ORS Carrot oil and then braided my hair up in 3 tucked in braids to be unravelled and either bunned or worn as a braid out and called it a day. 



By the way I changed my blog name to http://lydzcrowningglory.blogspot.com/ so if I am listed on your blog roll please change the URL accordingly since the old URL is no longer working.

The Wash Day Experience

6 comments:

  1. That hair mayo is so great, isn't it? I love how my hair feels after I use it! And does the white vinegar actually do anything for your hair? I know about Apple Cider Vinegar but I have never heard of using plain white vinegar before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mayo is definitely a staple it leaves my hair so soft it's incredible! The white vinegar does more or less exactly what ACV does it removes build up, combats breakage leaves hair shiny etc

      Delete
  2. Ahhh! That explains it! I was so confused when I went to read your blog a few days ago. Congrats on the move!

    How do you keep your roots moisturized throughout the week?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I spray my roots with Creme of Nature Argan oil strength and shine leave in conditioner it does actually soften them up and makes it much more bearable when I need to comb or detangle.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the info on white vinegar. I'm out of ACV and I have a whole bottle of white just sitting in the kitchen.
    I like your simple wash day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for stopping by Sandra!

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.