Friday 21 October 2016

Minty Fruity Friday!



I was standing inside a supermarket looking for shower gel when I had this craving for a ginger mint infused smoothie/juice/drink anything that tasted all sorts of minty ginger. So I quickly created a mental recipe in my head and got the ingredients while I was still out grocery shopping
What I used
One small green apple washed cored and sliced
Half a cucumber washed peeled and sliced
A handful of fresh mint leaves washed
About a half cup pineapple cubed
Some ginger just enough to taste washed peeled and cubed
Juice of half a lemon
One small carrot shaved
One cup water – I use filtered water
Method
Put everything into a blender and blend away until fully blended.
I have a sweet tooth so I added a teaspoon of sugar to the mix just for that extra sweetness
Best served chilled
I wash all my fresh fruit and veggies that are to be eaten raw in my homemade veggie wash solution which is usually a little bit of white vinegar added to the final rinse in a bowl full of water and let the fruits and veggies sit for at least five minutes. Lemon juice, salt works well too. 
it was proper refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.