Ebony must have been reading my mind because I am currently on protective styling mode and had planned to be so until I get back to my regular full SL length and beyond. So you can imagine how excited I was to read about her protective style challenge.
Here are the rules;
- A protective style for purposes of this challenge is defined as any style in which your ends are not exposed or touching your clothing. Buns, updos, french braids, french rolls, etc all count.
- You may only wear your hair down for 7 days throughout the entire three months total! Whether you choose to do one week, a couple of weekends or not at all – you only have a 7 day allowance.
- Only one direct heat pass but try not to use it at all!
- Protective styles means your ends must be hidden, so half up/half down ‘dos don’t count!
- Must deep condition your hair at least two times per month.
- You are not excluded from using fake hair – wigs, weaves, extensions, crochet braids, etc.
So in a nutshell, like she says PROTECT AND GROW your hair. Here is my starting photo which was taken in the last week of December 2012 seeing as I currently have tree braids installed I am not able to take a photo but this was the same length it was when I had the braids installed last week. Anyone worldwide can join and you don’t have to be a blogger to join so please visit Ebony’s blog for more information. Let’s go ladies protect and grow!