A lot of people argue that they have absolutely no time to put in a workout due to their busy schedules. I am a firm believer that if you want to achieve something you will create time somewhere in your schedule to accomplish it. So here are some other ways you can work out if you are too busy to set aside a specific workout time;
- Take the stairs instead of the lift/elevator or escalator whenever you can
- Don’t drive everywhere all the time walk to your destination if it’s not too far away instead sometimes.
- Look for the farthest parking space in a parking lot away from your entrance so you can put in a bit of a walk to the entrance.
- Get off a stop or two early if you take the bus and walk the rest of the way home. Be safe and exercise caution though on when to do this don’t be walking home at midnight in an unsafe neighbourhood when the bus would have dropped you safely outside your doorstep.
- Instead of ordering lunch during a workday walk to the restaurant, deli, food truck etc instead I know it is easier to sit in the office and order your lunch but actually going out to get it yourself will do your muscles some good.
- Instead of calling or emailing your colleague down the hall, a few floors down/up or in the next building on non urgent matters walk to them instead.
- Don’t be a couch potato do a couple of squats or lunges while watching your favourite TV show, trust me you can do both I do it all the time and still manage to follow whatever I am watching on TV.
Do you have any workout tips for busy people leading sedentary lifestyles?