Wednesday 10 June 2015

Wash Wednesday!




I took out my cornrowed updo at four weeks; the cornrows were starting to look “questionable” the kinky twists were still good but I missed my hair so out they went. Take down was a breeze I detangled as I took out the braids finger combed and then completed detangling with a wide toothed comb. For this wash day I went back to an old favourite combo DIY deep conditioner that my aunties introduced me to as a child; good old avocado and egg. 


I wet my hair with water in a spray bottle, applied the avocado-egg mixture to my hair, covered it with cling film/wrap let it sit for about 45 minutes and then proceeded to rinse out. I shampooed twice using African Black Soap and conditioned with another favourite Enliven coconut and vanilla conditioner. There wasn’t much to detangle in shower but I still lightly detangled anyway with the help of the conditioner. Detangling done I rinsed out the conditioner and then t-shirt dried until damp, applied my leave in conditioner let my hair air dry some and then moisturized with Crème of Nature Argan Oil Moisturizer (I added Aloe Vera Juice to the moisturizer to dilute it a little). Moisturising done I sealed with coconut oil and that ladies was my post long term protective style wash day.
 
Wet hair don't care!
The Wash Day Experience

7 comments:

  1. I love your avocado and egg diy conditioner. How did it make your hair feel once you rinsed it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your avocado and egg diy conditioner. How did it make your hair feel once you rinsed it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very soft and no tangles whatsoever! Thanks for stopping by Tamara!

      Delete
  3. Such an easy post longterm PS washday. I am definitely taking tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curls are pappin! Yes very simple indeed. I had been wanting to try the enliven conditioners but I did not know which one you recommended. Thanks for the post i'll be snapping up the coconut & vanilla soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun and you are most welcome on the Enliven recommendation!

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.