Tuesday 3 March 2015

Touch me up!


So this is how my hair started out yesterday...

And then this came into the mix; yes I switched to a kiddies kit I actually wanted to get another brand but it was not available at the beauty supply store I went to so I settled for good old Dark and Lovely since I was running late for my hair appointment. I figured since I used the big girls kit for many many years the kiddie kit would be just fine. Why kiddie kit you ask? Because back in December I had my leave out texlaxed using a kiddie kit and I loved the results so I decided to get the entire head done using the kiddie kit. I honestly feel that they are of lower strengths compared to big girls kits.


Where was I? Oh yeah I decided to get it professionally done since it had been a year maybe more since my last touch up (I can’t seem to find that post for the exact date) but it had definitely been more than 6 months that much I am sure of. I went to my good friend’s salon to get it done because I could not be asked to deal with all that new growth. So he combed my hair using a wide toothed comb, based my scalp, sectioned my hair into three parts and then proceeded to apply the relaxer. Application done  I think it took less than ten minutes not too sure though I sat for an extra two minutes (I remember this since he said we will rinse in two minutes and we did) for it to take properly and then we proceeded to the shampoo area as I was already feeling a tingling sensation on my scalp. This is what I had told him pre application; I like my hair texturised not bone straight and he nailed it! I was so happy I have found my second professional texlaxer after my hairdresser cousin thank heavens!

See what I mean? He nailed it so much texture left after a chemical process. This was after rinsing out the relaxer
I honestly cannot remember the names of all the products used other than the kit I came in with, what with magazines to browse and impromptu phonecalls I hardly paid attention to the products but I trusted him nevertheless. I am sure the deep conditioner used was Motions because I heard that name thrown around while at the sink. Anyway so my hair was neutralised using the neutralizing shampoo that came with the relaxer kit, conditioned with regular conditioner – I should have gotten the name it smelled nice – rinsed then proceeded to deep condition with heat using Motions for about 45 minutes. DC done my hair was rinsed off and he proceeded to roller set using a setting lotion and other products, I sat under the hooded dryer for about 25-30 minutes, came out and he styled it and once again apart from an olive oil hair polisher I did not get the names of products used blame the magazine I was reading. He wrapped it and I sat under the dryer for an extra five minutes before final styling. He wanted to flat iron it but I was so in love with the bouncy curls I told him we will do it next time. I stubbornly refused to get my hair trimmed lol I will get it done at my flat iron appointment and do a length check, you should have seen us going back and forth about the trimming issue it was too funny. But he agreed to let me have my way hey the customer is always right:) All in all I was very happy with my results. I hope to touch up more regularly this year though that new growth was crazy! Kiddie kits rock!!!

It was so light and bouncy! Loved it! You can actually see my reddish brown henna highlights

Happy March Everyone!!!

The Wash Day Experience

18 comments:

  1. You hair looks amazing Lydz! Gorgeous! And I did notice those highlights.
    I finally hennaed my hair this weekend and wish I had highlights like that. :( My hair is so dark though. Ah well. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Welcome to the henna world don't worry your hair will get highlights with repeated henna treatments.

      Delete
  2. wow so much texture after a texlax your hair looks pretty! yeah the chances of overprocessing ur hair with kiddies relaxers are really small :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is correct! Very small chance of overprocessing with kiddie perms. Thanks for stopping by Becca:)

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks so think and shiny! Congrats on finding a fabulous stylist! You're so lucky!

    How do you plan on maintaining your sleek hair?

    Thanks for joining the #washdayxperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I suck at wrapping so the style did not last very long lol currently wearing a low bun hehehe

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks so gooooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thickness of your hair is amazing. Love the shine and it looks so soft and bouncy. Its so hard to find a stylist that isnt scissors happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! Tell me about it! He was gonna snip off just a little bit over an inch and my ends are in pretty good shape lol I guess it's the training from beauty school they carry over hard habit to break lol

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks good! Finding a stylist who can take care of your hair is like pure gold! Are your highlights from using henna? I like em.
    hhhmmm, you got me thinking about using the kiddies relaxer, I know a few people who do and they swear by it.


    Lungi @ HHDC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lungi. Yes my highlights are from repeated henna use. Do let us know if you try a kiddies relaxer babe!

      Delete
  7. The ends result was amazing!! The shine and thickness!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dumsy and thanks too for stopping by:)

      Delete
    2. Welcome hun. Just followed on blog lovin! :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you following too:)

      Delete
  8. Hey Lydia, your hair looks amazing and so healthy, I love it's body and shine. Your hair are regime is definitely work. Thanks for sharing your findings and educating us on the care of hair. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yvonne! Yeah hard work definitely pays:) Thanks for stopping by too!

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.