Wednesday 14 May 2014

Baby's wash day



Photo Source

I called my cousin sister yesterday for assistance in preparing this post only to discover that she was struggling with washing her baby’s hair; my two year old niece. At the moment she washes my niece’s hair at the same time as she is giving her a bath every day. She is currently using Aveeno shampoo and no conditioner she says the shampoo is good it doesn’t dry hair. She shampoos the little one’s hair and massages the shampoo in the hair and scalp, then proceeds to detangle with shampoo still in hair after which she rinses with the baby’s head tilted to the back (she supports her head with one hand) so that shampoo doesn’t get into her eyes. After rinsing she detangles again and then towel dries and uses Vaseline but then she mentioned that she noticed the Vaseline just sits on the hair and asked if I knew of any baby oils she could use. I suggested to her to use either olive or coconut oil, she had some olive oil in the house so she is going to start using that from now. I also suggested shampooing once a week as opposed to everyday and using a conditioner to co wash instead on other days. My niece sweats a lot naturally and also from playing, running around and is uncomfortable if her hair is not washed on a daily basis so it has to be washed everyday for now or at least until she is much older.

Do you have any tips on how to wash babies or toddlers’ hair and products that have worked for you?

The Wash Day Experience

10 comments:

  1. You gave her great advice! I don't remember what I used when babies were that young I wish I would have known what I know now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip about the EVCO. I've used it on my little ones from birth.

    For both of my kids (a boy and girl) I shampoo once a week, use a thick conditioner as a leave in, then seal with EVCO all in the bathtub. For my daughter, I pull her hair into two or three braided pigtails. During the week to maintain, I take the hair ties down, use more conditioner to tidy up her edges, then put the hair ties back on. For me, I have to keep my kids hair as simple as possible!

    I hope that this helps! Thanks for sharing your niece's #washdayexperience with us chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVCO is the business! I remember when one of my other nieces was a baby - she is all grown now- she had a skin condition that left a lot of scars and spots that looked like tiny polka dots all over her body when she healed, an aunt recommended applying EVCO to fade the scars and spots and within no time and with consistent application they faded away, looking at her now one would not believe she had those scars and spots only the photos are left as a reminder. Thank you so much for these tips my cousin really appreciates them:)

      Delete
  3. I don't have any particular advice but I do love me some Aveeno for the body. That was so not value added but just thought I would share.
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Divachyk your comments are always appreciated and highly valued thank you for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  4. I don't have kids but EVCO sounds like a great choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is EVCO is truly the best! Thanks for popping in Tomes!

      Delete
  5. Knowledge is power. I am happy you were able to empower her with what you already knew. If only the internet and youtube had come earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! Thanks for your comment Nerline!

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.