Friday 9 May 2014

Fitness Fridays: May Fitness!



First things first here is a recap of my April Regimen I only missed four workout days which is pretty good averaging at one workout missed a week so that was not too bad well done me:) I had initially planned to go swimming on Saturdays as it was the only day that I could comfortably do so without rushing around like a headless chicken but alas that was not to be I only managed to go once the rest of my weekends in April were jammed packed with activities which meant no time to swim. Times like these I really wish I lived in a house with a pool or at least lived in an apartment building with a pool because I could then swim a few laps anytime I wanted to and also save on traveling time to my local pool which was a major factor in my April swim fail. 

On to my May regimen pretty basic but very effective so far. Never underestimate anything never! I learned the hard way I came across this walk workout below and my first thought was how hard can it be to walk on the spot for 45 minutes I have walked on the road for longer. Turns out I was so wrong walking on the spot is way harder than talking a walk in your neighbourhood at the end of workout day one, my thighs and hips were killing me as in I was sore all over it took me a good three hours of rest to recover! The subsequent days have been so much better thankfully but I can tell you this talking a long brisk walk around your neighbourhood is way easier than walking on the spot that much is true from my experience. I walk 3 miles which is about 5km every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. As tiring as it was the first time this is a great workout. If I get time in my schedule I may put in a neighbourhood walk to top up as well. I am using a different video from the same trainer which refused to load but it's more or less the same thing only that she has real people walking with her in that video. YouTube search for it here's the link if interested > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rnB9rDRrCM


I do cardio kickboxing every Tuesday and Thursday great workout for arms I tell you.


Healthy You! Healthy Hair!
Fitness Friday

12 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you remained consistent. I totally fell off in April while attending class. Class is now over so I now have to get back focused.
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divachyk! Don't worry you will get right back on track now class is over:)

      Delete
  2. My mother LIVES for Leslie Sansone! lol. I have a pool in my apartment complex and I am so excited its finally warm enough to use it for exercise again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay way to go mum! You are so lucky to have a pool in you complex I am so jealous right now hahaha lucky you!

      Delete
  3. I need to check out these videos and get my fitness on, you are definitely motivating me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Tomes they are so much fun and the best thing is that you get to do them at home in your own time! Can't get better than that:)

      Delete
  4. Walking outdoors is great. You get to be one with nature. I love to walk in the park because people walking there really motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! I used to take random outdoor walks in the past when I was bored I should pick it up again.

      Delete
  5. Yes to Fitness Blender honey! Having a rough day? You'll forget all about it after cardio kickboxing for sure!

    Thanks for being apart of the #fitnessfriday community chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did the cardio kickboxing was so much fun thank God for Fitness Blender!

      Delete
  6. I started working out 6 weeks ago and I feel fabulous already!! It's taking time for 8 kgs to shed off, my goal; but I feel really great keeping fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go Stella! How about doing a post or two about your fitness journey and share with us on Fitness Fridays click on the running lady link above to go to the link up blogs. Don't' worry your 8kgs will go away in no time just be consistent with working out and eat healthy too:)

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.