Friday 4 July 2014

Fitness Fridays: Freestyle



After waking up several mornings in June not quite feeling the workout of the day but doing it all the same I have decided to freestyle it this July. Basically I will do whatever workout routine that catches my fancy in the morning and take it from there. Thankfully I have quite a collection of downloaded YouTube workout videos to choose from. I didn’t do too badly in June but I can tell you this I did more walking with Leslie than kickboxing with Keiara. I don’t know what it was but June was just a “bleh” month for me in terms of fitness I wasn’t as motivated as before I guess it was partly due to the fact that I had a lot going on in my personal life as well. But looks like I am getting my workout mojo back since I started July on a high note let’s hope I keep it that way for the rest of the month.

Here are some “superfoods” that you should be eating if you are trying to lose weight… 
·         Eggs
·         Steak
·         Apples
·         Kale
·         Oats
·         Lentils
·         Salmon
·         Yoghurt
·         Quinoa
·         Sardines
See the rest over at http://www.self.com/body/food/2010/03/20-superfoods-slideshow/18  I am an advocate for eat whatever you want but do it in moderation and exercise while at it, that is a perfect balance for me.
One&20

12 comments:

  1. I like a few of those and have promised my brother to give kale a try. I just need to stay on top of my water intake and if I have to have snacks keep them on the healthy end of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best with your water intake Southern girl...and do let us know if you liked kale or not when you do get to try it

      Delete
  2. I love Salmon with Quiona and Kale. I promise you that once you try it---you'll start to crave it!

    Thanks for sharing your #FitnessFriday update chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried Quinoa but it's on my to purchase list and then stalk YouTube for recipes:)

      Delete
  3. I'm the opposite, I did TOO much freestyling in June so this month I'm trying to get back into more of a routine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl and good luck with your scheduled workout routine this month:)

      Delete
  4. Thats great you're getting back on your A game. I too want to do abit of fitness this month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tomes! If and when you get some fitness done this month let us know about it on Fitness Fridays:)

      Delete
  5. Steak and eggs = meal of champions! I love those two with a passion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!! We are champions:)

      Delete
  6. Great way to shake up the routine :-)
    By the way i nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award. You Can get the details here > http://glamlushhair.blogspot.com/2014/07/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.