Wednesday 30 July 2014

Just another day....


I had a very regular wash day on Sunday night
Deep conditioned on damp hair (made damp using water in a spray bottle) with ORS Hair Mayonnaise for about an hour
Shampooed twice using Black Silk shampoo…honestly I don’t know why I always shampoo twice even on relatively clean hair creature of habit perhaps?
Detangled in shower with Enliven coconut and vanilla conditioner
Rinsed and t-shirt dried till damp then sprayed on my crème of nature argan oil strength and shine leave in conditioner, sealed that with olive oil and followed that with Elasta QP Olive oil and mango butter moisturizer
Didn’t feel like using any form of heat whatsoever so I did two jumbo braids and called it a day or a wash day rather and went to bed:)

The Elasta QP moisturizer became an empty after this wash day so I am officially allowing myself to go hair product shopping yay!!!

The Wash Day Experience

8 comments:

  1. It took me at least a year to realize that my hair didn't actually need two lathers to get completely clean. It was soo hard to break that habit!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I always feel the need to lather twice no matter what lol

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of Black Silk shampoo. I will have to look for that. Where did you get it?
    Sometimes I shampoo twice myself...I think it comes from childhood and hairdresseres and moms/grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Silk shampoo was a gift from my aunt it is made in Kenya and I doubt if it is currently available for online purchase I am afraid. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  3. You always use items I've never heard of which makes it interesting to read your posts. Happy product shopping. Haul Hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! And yes to shopping I will definitely haul hard!!!

      Delete
  4. I lather 2-3 times too. It just makes me feel better even though I know my hair doesn't need all that, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.