Friday 18 April 2014

Fitness Friday: Green Tea


This post doubles up as a Kitchen Korner post.
I am sure most of us on hair journeys know the benefits of tea rinses to combat shedding but did you also know that certain teas like green tea aid in weight loss in addition to having plenty other health benefits? Green and black teas are produced from the same plant but due to the different processing methods green tea is richer in antioxidants than black tea. These antioxidants found in green tea help the body burn calories quicker by increasing metabolism. Drinking green tea consistently has also been known to help keep the weight off once you have lost it.  This is true from personal experience; some time last year I drank green tea religiously for a month without any workout regimen or healthy eating plan the only form of exercise I was doing was swimming I think I swam twice the entire month. Results a one inch reduction on my waist line! How I wish I had documented that journey then, I remember the assistant at the store telling me that it’s great for reducing tummies when I asked for her assistance on which brand of green tea to buy turns out she was very right. I only stopped drinking it because quite frankly green tea has a bitter taste I was literally forcing myself to drink it daily.  I am going to start again but this time I want to incorporate it in my smoothies and add a little honey or sugar and cinnamon or lemon when drinking it plain to make the taste more bearable.


In other news I need help it looks like every time people comment on how much weight I have lost I take it as a license to pig out as a reward lol! Crazy I know, this has happened twice before and it happened again last weekend when I went for a family wedding, some cousins and aunties I hadn’t seen in a while wanted to know the secret to my weight loss and had all sorts of lovely compliments for me. What do I go and do? I eat two humongous muffins drink two glasses of soda and I rarely drink soda by the way, just because I felt that since I was doing such a good job a little bit of extra junk in addition to my one cheat meal a day wouldn’t hurt. On the contrary though those comments always make me want to work out even more strangely enough. So I guess I will have to work on working out more and pig out less each time someone makes a lovely compliment in regards to my shrinking frame lol!

Kitchen Korner is a regular feature on the blog that showcases food and drinks made from ingredients that can also be used on hair. Double food hair products I like to call them. Today’s double food hair ingredient is Green Tea which is used as a tea rinse for hair to help combat shedding. 

Have a blessed Good Friday!
Fitness Friday

8 comments:

  1. You need to think about how hard you had to work to get there. Eating more will only take you back to where you were before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline I am keeping the "reward" eating in check now

      Delete
  2. GETS GREEN TEA OUT OF THE CUPBOARD! You can get it undercontrol as far as the reward part too girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green tea is like the world's miracle drink! I guess that explains why its been around for thousands of years! Thanks for sharing chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is a miracle drink.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post! I am not a fan of green tea but anything to trim the tummy and keep it trimmed! hehe.
    As for your pigging out after lovely compliments, hehe, you are so funny, I always do this to myself as well. I pig out after I see my running stats and tell myself I deserve it! So to help me stop this I have gone cold turkey on my treats this month, no chocolates, no sweets and no alcohol. But then again I think we should allow ourselves to a treat, but maybe if you treat yourself then you have to remove the daily cheat meal hehe, just to balance it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment makes me feel normal! I thought there was something wrong with me lol human nature after all. I agree with you about removing the daily cheat meal if I will be pigging out but I am not ready to do that just yet so I am going to work on rewarding myself with something other than food for my efforts. Thanks for your comment:)

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.