Wednesday 30 April 2014

Dry Shampoo


I came across dry shampoo a few years ago while still at uni (or college for all my American sisters). The store I worked at manufactured its own brand of dry shampoo and naturally I just had to get my hands on some to try out, I figured if I could use hand sanitizer for my hands in between a water wash then I could do the same with dry shampoo. I used it a couple of times almost always when I had braids in and then abandoned it all together.  One of the reasons I didn’t quite take to it was because it sprayed out of the can in a whitish like powder which just felt weird and I cannot honestly tell you if it did a good job of cleaning my hair and scalp or not because I wasn’t quite checking for that. My reasons for buying and using dry shampoo were more out of curiosity than anything else I think I always wet shampooed my hair a few days after using the dry shampoo on the few occasions I used it. The only thing I like about using dry shampoo was the "fresh" effect I felt on my scalp while spraying it a bit like how you feel fresh on using deodorant. Anyway I ended up throwing the almost full aerosol can since I got bored of using it thanks to the white powdery spray. Here are some Dos and Don’ts of using dry shampoo in case you are interested in trying it out for the first time.

Have you used dry shampoo before?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen these around for a couple of years now but I've never tried any :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't missing anything trust me:)

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.