Wednesday 2 April 2014

Henna Wash Day!



I decided to get my long overdue long term protective style done the other day at 2 weeks post relaxer. To prepare my hair for the braiding process I did a henna treatment for strength on Sunday evening. I mixed my henna with about ½ cup black tea, ¼ cup plain yoghurt and since I had some avocado in the house I mashed half a small one into the mixture and added a few drops of lemon juice, let it sit for about four hours for the dye to release before application. I had previously prepooed my hair with olive oil and once ready I applied the henna same way you would apply a deep conditioner let it sit for about one and a half hours before rinsing it off. When fully rinsed I shampooed using TRESemme naturals shampoo, detangled with Enliven Raspberry and Red Apple conditioner, and then patted my hair dry. I then sprayed Crème of Nature Strength and Shine leave in conditioner onto my hair, applied coconut oil and let my hair air dry for about two hours before moisturizing, applying castor oil mix on scalp and then blow dried on cool to stretch the hair in readiness for my twists installation. The next day it was off to the braiding salon to get my twists installed; I plan to keep them in for 4-6 weeks and will take care of them using my braids regimen found on this page. By the way I have been getting a lot of compliments lately on the colour of my hair which is more visible in natural light, you can hardly see it in photos taken indoors; so I have to keep telling people that is henna applied consistently over time not box dye:)

File Photo: Henna and Yoghurt mixture
I had them done really long they go a little past waist length

The Wash Day Experience

10 comments:

  1. Me too! Perfect for Spring/Summer!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience Lydz!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great and as above I love the colour.

    mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!
    I really need to get back into henna at some point. I have a bunch of it sitting in my closet just waiting to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! The colour is no 33 in extension hair colours. @Bree if you do get back on the henna train please do a post and let us know how you felt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color, too! Looks really pretty. I need to do a henna application soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.