Friday 17 October 2014

Fitness Friday: Progress!




I weighed myself again last week and finally I can see progress in the numbers I have lost 6kgs/13lbs well it’s more like 5.7something but I am claiming 6 lol in 9 months yay it may not seem like much but it is to me!!! There was a time I was stuck at a certain number for so long I almost gave up and then realized it’s not always about the numbers certain clothes that once fit tightly and are now hanging off my body told me a different story. My goal at the beginning of the year was to lose a kilo a month so this is good I am not too far off from my initial goal so that’s some great news for me! It actually got me out of my fitness stagnation that I spoke about in this post I actually realized that I was not working out properly more out of laziness than lack of motivation. When you try to find every excuse under the sun not to work out that is simply laziness not lack of motivation. It’s all in the mind if you wake up telling yourself that you are too tired to workout then you will never workout but if you wake up telling yourself that you need to do at least 10 squats then you will work out. I slowly eased myself back into my workout routine by doing a 10 minute combined squats, arm workout and jog on the spot routine on those lazy mornings and slowly eased myself into doing longer workouts. On some lazy days I walked instead and that counts too. Every little bit counts 10 squats, jogging on the spot for five minutes every little bit counts towards your weight loss journey and toned muscles. I am so proud of myself and more than ever motivated to work out more. I see the effects on my shoulders they way my clothes fit comments from people my sister in law mentioned it last Sunday as well she was like you keep getting smaller so that’s a plus! I am still eating healthy I indulge in a bit of junk every now and then but always in moderation. Get off that couch and get working out! Happy fitness journey ladies! I just need to work on this tummy now!
One&20

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your progress Lydz! This post came just in time. I've been waking up tired and using that as an excuse not to work out but today i worked out and felt so good afterwards. Can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce! It sure felt good getting back on track!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Lydz! 5 kg is still quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.