Monday 26 January 2015

A kinky wash day!


I washed my kinky twists at exactly two weeks post installation. Braids wash days have got to be the simplest wash days ever this one was no exception except I had forgotten how much shampoo kinky extensions and braids in general use; this is my third time installing afro kinky hair. I diluted a bit of TRESemme naturals with water in a spray bottle. Wet my hair sprayed the shampoo mixture all over my hair realized it was not enough ended up using my liquefied African Black Soap that was in the shower stall as well and because that soap is primarily for my face I didn’t want to use too much of it and ended up grabbing the next shampoo that my hands could reach from the cabinet which turned out to be Black silk and ended up finishing the wash process with that. Hair shampooed twice and rinsed I wrung the excess water out and then towel dried turban style until damp and then let it air dry. I sprayed my homemade braid spray to my hair (length of real hair)  and scalp which at the moment is a mixture of moisturizer, Aloe Vera Juice, coconut, olive, castor oils and glycerine and let it air dry some more. I washed my hair at around 1pm in the afternoon and it was completely indoor air dried by evening. I oiled my scalp the next morning with my castor oil and that was it for this wash day.


The Wash Day Experience

4 comments:

  1. Wash day in braids or twist is very easy! My hair can be too much to handle if I don't put it in twists lol

    Quirky, Brown Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again Bree braids wash days are a breeze!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you, washing hair in braids is the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! Thanks for stopping by Rebecca!

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.