Friday 8 March 2024

Nostalgia...

 

I have been feeling very nostalgic for certain periods of my life lately ranging from pre teen to teenage hood to early adulthood just after high school. The nostalgic feeling also goes back to a longing for certain neighbourhoods and cities I lived in or frequented thanks to friends and family. Like I have been waking up with songs I loved listening to back in the day in my head, such a crazy feeling. A yearning for a time long gone and places that are not quite the same anymore, a yearning for times when life was so much simpler than what it is today. I have also been thinking about loved ones no longer here with me who were a part of those times and places that are now but beautiful memories I will cherish forever. It’s interesting that as this has been happening I have also been reconnecting with old friends in the most unplanned of circumstances. I am grateful for these reconnections as some are definitely needed, others maybe to remind me of who I used to be and get myself back on that track again who knows... it’s also a time for transition in many aspects of my professional and personal life so maybe the two are connected. All in all I am embracing all these feelings and all that’s happening to and around me.

 

I am almost done with the granny square blanket I am crocheting and can’t wait to share the final product!!! Crotchet is therapy for me and I am glad that I currently have this project and can’t wait to start the next one.

 

I haven’t read a book in a while and that doesn’t sit right with me, I need to rectify that soon and buy some new ones because the ones I have I have read twice some thrice. I am a reader and if I don’t read for a while I feel like there is something missing in my life.

 

March feels like ABUNDANCE

March feels like PROGRESS

March feels like JOY

March feels like HAPPINESS

 

Here’s to an amazing month of March!!!

 

Link to my E-Book below

 

As an Amazon Affiliate I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.