Friday 13 March 2020

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN!!!



The very first time I had my hair taken out the same day it was done was as a child. I must have been about 8 or 9 and had this wonderful African threading design done on my head earlier in the day only that they were done too tight and even putting my head on the softest pillow hurt like crazy. They were taken out that very night. My second time taking my hair down on the very day it was done was maybe a little over a decade ago. I remember going to this salon that I had found quite by chance when I went to pick out an outfit for a friend’s wedding. The stylist was great, the hair not so much. It was a curly weave that looked great on the packet and cover but was a hot mess once on the head the weave came in one of those packets you couldn't open to feel the texture but the cover model looked amazing in it so I took my chances. Big mistake! After my hair was done I looked in the mirror and knew straight away it was not going to last the night so I paid the stylist thanked her and set off on my way. 

This is what the hair looked like in the pack.


Now home at the time was a couple of train journeys and a bus ride away and I swear I could feel people staring at the mess on my head ok maybe I was just being paranoid. I got off at my bus stop at around 6pm, now there was a beauty supply store just across the road from where I got off that opened late I think until 7pm or so.  The decision to go in and look for a replacement weave was made on the spot! This hadn't been the plan at all I was going to take out the mess once I got home not have it redone. But hey if you know me you know I can be spontaneous like that sometimes. So I went in and was extra careful picking out new hair this time in fact I was over careful, got the hair paid for it and crossed over again to the other side. Now this side had a barbershop that also had a lady hairdresser who had a chair there I popped my head in spontaneously just to check if she was in and available to take a last minute walk in. The hair gods were with me that night for she was, I explained my situation that I need the weave on my head cut off and replaced with a new one the cornrows stayed she was fine with it and felt pity on me with her pricing, it was quite a bit of money I had spent that day considering I had a monthly hair budget that I strictly adhered to back then so all this extra money being spent was going to burn a hole in that budget. But then I figured I could always do extra hours and make up for it, it was after all the Christmas season so it didn’t burn as much. 

This is the mess that came out of my head two days after installation!


Did I say the hair gods were with me that night? This new hair turned out to be exactly what I didn't know I needed and then some (I ended up repeating the style several times in the coming years using this new stylist). So what's the point to this very long story you ask? Well turns out that I may be taking down hair again only this one may survive a day or two. Again I bought hair that looked good on the cover models but a bushy mess inside it's one of those kinky curly god knows what crotchet hair styles. I had it done yesterday afternoon and by the time I got home I knew it had to go! It tangles for one and is so thick and hot I can't deal the only reason it's not out today is because I had quite a bit on my plate today and hair was not on top of my priority list. I have to be somewhere quite early tomorrow so I have decided to wrap a turban around the edges to make it look "palatable” but as soon as I get home if I get home early enough it's gone. If not the next day is a Saturday so I definitely have plenty of time to take it out. Moral of the story: choose your hair very well very well hahaha don't end up like me. Hope you guys have been good it's been a minute I had missed this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.