Friday 21 January 2022

Homemade Paprika!

 

I was inspired to make my own paprika thanks to the video below. I already dry my own fresh herbs so this was a no brainer; the goal is to grow my own herbs as soon as I get ample growing space. A dehydrator is also in my future just putting it out there.

Step 1: Wash sweet peppers you can use a mix of sweet peppers and red bell peppers.



Step 2: Deseed and chop into tiny pieces – I ended up chopping them into thinner strips about three days into the drying process which is what I ought to have done in the first place.



Step 3: dry the peppers. You can sun-dry them in a dust free environment, you can use a dehydrator to dry them or use an oven as shown in the video below. These were sun dried and heat dried when I decided to smoke them as well.

Step 4: Grind them in a grinder/coffee grinder. One of the best investments I made in kitchen appliances was to buy a blender set that came with two grinding jugs as well. Best decision ever I grind whatever needs grinding in them.


I overdid it with the smoking hence the darker hue

The video that inspired it all!



 

As an Amazon Affiliate I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.