Thursday 27 April 2023

Variety...

I grew up in and still live in a pretty much multicultural society, I guess this is part of the reason why I find homogenous societies fascinating. Like what do you mean you grew up in or live around people who look like you, eat the same food as you, share the same religion, have the same culture I find it intriguing. Maybe because all I have ever known from young is variety, listen it was the norm in my neighbourhood, to get a tray of sweet treats during Diwali, tasty snacks during Ramadhan from our neighbours and go carolling at Christmas. The funny thing though is I hadn’t realised how multicultural I was until I realised that these foods have become a staple in my house they feature on the menu at least once a month;

Jollof rice

Jerk Chicken

Curry Goat

Filipino Adobo

Trinidadian Pelau

Afghan Pulao

Rice and peas

Festival

Fried dumplings

Egg fried rice

None of which are native to me....

 

As an Amazon Affiliate I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.