Thursday 27 April 2023

Life Lately...


I have been making my own jam for a few months now and I tell you once you start making your own jam or buying homemade jam you may never want to go back to mass factory produced commercial jams...I can assure you of that. So far I have made Pineapple jam, Mango jam, Apple jam...

Blueberry Jam

Red plum jam

And I mastered my absolute favourite marmalade which makes me sooo happy. You see I am not really a jam person like that but you see marmalade...you can kidnap me using marmalade as bait! I absolutely love love love marmalade and it gives me soooo much joy to finally be able to make my own.

Marmalade 

Oh and I even made another favourite mango chutney! Looking forward to making pineapple chutney next.

Mango chutney 

Don’t know what to call this era but I have been in the kitchen a whole lot rediscovering my love for baking, which I haven’t done in maybe three years and in a span of three weeks I have made chocolate cake, carrot cake, these two are my favourite, and banana bread. As a bonus I even made samosas (we call them sambusa) from scratch as in I made the pockets/sheets myself, something I haven’t done in a couple of years I usually just buy readymade sambusas. Whatever this era is I am loving it because I am rediscovering parts of myself that had been lost or hidden away maybe due to trauma and doing things that make me happy and I love that for me.

Not my best work but hey it had been a few years since I made these from scratch!
Sambusa 

As an Amazon Affiliate I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.