Sunday 24 March 2013

Ink anyone?


These are ink refill bottles for a printer...
Red and blue ink

They are also my oil applicator bottles:)
Black has Castor oil, Blue has Amla oil and Yellow has Olive oil
I get them from a friend who owns a business that requires a lot of printing so she usually has empty bottles from time to time. I rinse out the bottles soak them in some warm soapy water to get rid of any leftover ink and dry them upside down until completely dry before decanting my oils into them. They do a pretty good job as well. I love the fact that they are colour coded so I don’t have to label them each time I just go by the colours.

The best part is that unlike most beauty supply store oil applicator bottles specifically made for that purpose, they come with a full screw cap which ensures that there is no oil spillage. Pretty neat huh? Most oil applicator bottles have a tip only cap or none at all.

Full screw cap

I can’t wait to get my hands on the Roots only applicator bottle that I first saw on another blog. That would cut my oil application time by half. Since I am protective styling in extensions for most of the year it is not exactly on my top priority list but I will definitely be looking  to purchase one or two and use when I let my hair out. Until next time folks aufwiedersehen (goodbye in German)!

4 comments:

  1. These look pretty neat and cute. I use the yellow bottles that come with machine lubrication oil. Talk about improvising lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I always find a way of improvising and recycling stuff.

      Delete
  2. that is so smart lol! im ur newest follower, looking forward to new posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and welcome to my blog!

      Delete

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.