Saturday 18 December 2021

BLOGMAS - The Christmas Movies Edition!

 

image source


I am a sucker for Christmas movies I am currently binge watching them, hey I’d do the same in June, I watch them whenever I need a good pick me up feel good movie to get me through. One thing I have noticed in my years of watching Christmas movies is they all seem to revolve around the same plot lines and depending on what channel you are watching on or the production house, you are bound to see the same faces in a variety of roles spread over different movies. Christmas movies almost always seem to have one, two, or all of the following plot lines. Oh we are talking specifically about US Christmas movies, wait I have actually never come across Christmas movies from elsewhere across the globe...I need to research more on this especially non English language ones I have a feeling they would be good. Anyway as I was saying you are bound to find one, two or all of the following plot lines in a Christmas movie;

·         Person comes back to their small hometown from the big city and reunites with their high school sweetheart or old flame that they abandoned to chase their fortunes in the big city and decide to stay back for love.

·         There is usually a family member suffering from a terminal illness in secret or only one other person knows, and they finally decide to let the whole family know. The family then decides to make this the best Christmas ever for the sick person.

·         There’s usually a cheating spouse situation that comes to light over Christmas.

·         There’s usually a couple on the verge of divorcing who either go ahead with the divorce or decide to give it another try over Christmas.

·         There’s a family business enterprise (that goes back generations) that needs saving over Christmas.

·         There’s a teen/university bound teen who wants to pursue a career/college course other than what their parents want for them and they finally get the courage to tell them over Christmas and the parents see sense in letting them follow their own path.

·         Some sort of matchmaking long in the making finally pans out over Christmas and everyone’s happy those two finally saw the light and got together.

·         There’s ALWAYS some sort of family feud/sibling rivalry going on with certain family members and sometimes whole families; Grandma J’s people don’t see eye to eye with her sister Grandma K’s people due to a long standing feud that no one knows the origin of. Thankfully this gets resolved over Christmas and everyone is happy they are finally talking to each other again.

·         A life changing/long held family secret comes to light over Christmas.

·         There’s always someone for who Christmas is never the same again due to a past tragedy that happened over Christmas. The current people in their life find out and try to get them back into the Christmas spirit and do so successfully may I add.

·         A prodigal family member back home for Christmas after many many years away.

·         Someone gets fired just before Christmas which turns out to actually be a blessing in disguise because they end up finding their true purpose or meet the love of their life due to this.

·         There’s usually a person or two hiding their truth, lying to keep up appearances and it all comes out at Christmas.

I could go on and on but these are some of the recurring plot lines I seem to come across from the different Christmas movies I have watched. Same script different cast type of situation don’t you think?

 

Blogmas is like Vlogmas but for bloggers. YouTubers put out vlogmas videos everyday in December until the 24th of December and I blog everyday whenever I can in December and title it BlogmasJ Content creator solidarity you know...it’s sort of like a countdown to Christmas of sorts.

As an Amazon Affiliate I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.