Tuesday 7 December 2021

BLOGMAS - Just Say No!

 

image source


I recently put a stop to a recurring request from an acquaintance that had been going on for almost a year. Every couple of weeks without fail this person would send in their request and I would honour it. Recent events made me realise that this person was not coming to me with this request out of need, or because I was the only person who could honour it, but because it was easy for her to get the request honoured by me. I can’t go into specific details but I will give an example using tomatoes. So this person’s family owns a tomato farm that she has access to and is allowed to pick tomatoes from free of charge any time she wants to, but the tomato farm was about an hour away so it was easier for her to come and get her tomatoes from me. Get it? I only just realised a while back that she was not coming to me for tomatoes because she ran out and needed some but because I was more accessible. So one day I put a stop to it just like that I was like sorry I have run out of tomatoes I don’t have any more to give and she was like ok. She tried it again two weeks later and I gave her the same answer. She hasn’t been back since. The way people take advantage of other people’s generosity will never fail to amaze me anyway I am just glad I finally put a stop to it.

Blogmas is like Vlogmas but for bloggers. YouTubers put out vlogmas videos everyday in December until the 24th of December and I blog everyday whenever I can in December and title it BlogmasJ Content creator solidarity you know...it’s sort of like a countdown to Christmas of sorts.

As an Amazon Affiliate I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading...feel free to add a comment, suggestion or question. I am always happy to hear from you! Lydz.